/wp-content/themes/awp-enfold/blank.png 0 0 Academic Web Pages /wp-content/themes/awp-enfold/blank.png Academic Web Pages2013-05-08 16:32:312021-10-06 16:42:42Can Intensive Early Childhood Intervention Programs Eliminate Income-based Cognitive and Achievement Gaps?
Duncan G. & A. Sojourner. (2013) Can Intensive Early Childhood Intervention Programs Eliminate Income-based Cognitive and Achievement Gaps? Journal of Human Resources. 48(4): 945-968.
Duncan G. & A. Sojourner. (2013) Can Intensive Early Childhood Intervention Programs Eliminate Income-based Cognitive and Achievement Gaps? Journal of Human Resources. 48(4): 945-968.Press Mentions
- U.S. Treasury Department: The Economics of Child Care Supply in the United States
- Minnpost: New study: High-quality preschool for poor kids under 3 would eliminate achievement gap
- Educators for Excellence Minnesota blog post.
- 2016 Economic Report of the U.S. President Chapter 4: Inequality in Early Childhood and Effective Public Policy Interventions
- KAZM (Sedona, Ariz): One solution to many problems 2/22/14
- Carlson School Magazine: Closing the Achievement Gap with Early Childhood Education
- Cincinnatians for the American Dream: An Economist's Take on Pre-K
- Minnesota Daily: Cradle to K Cabinet plan advances
- Southwest Journal: Cradle to K report due in December
- Star-Tribune: Minneapolis Mayor Hodges Forms Crade-to-K Cabinet 5/23/1
- Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges & MPR's Kerri Miller on the Daily Circuit [8:00 - 9:30 minute mark].
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis: Sustaining early childhood education gains
- Minnpost: "Rock-star researchers on early ed to talk at U of M event"
- Video: Heller-Hurwicz Economics Institute panel on early learning
- The Atlantic Citylab: How the Twin Cities Hope to Get Ahead of Demographic Change
- Southwest Journal: Health Kids, Healthy City
- Go Local Providence (R.I.): It's All About Education: Can Universal Preschool Close the Achievement Gap?
- Mention at end of Minnpost article on Education Writers' Association meeting
- Investing in Kids blog by Tim Bartik (Upjohn Institute) gives extensive comment on paper
- Discussed on KTNF 950AM Daily Report [12:05 - 17:00 minute mark]
- Way to Grow: U Economist Publishes Study on Early Ed
- Huffington Post: This is what could close the achievement gap among young kids 1/7/14
- Think Progress article 1/3/14
- Brookings Brown Center Chalkboard: Does Pre-K Work? by Russ Whitehurst 2/26/14
- Tim Bartik response to Whitehurst on his Investing in Kids blog