/wp-content/themes/awp-enfold/blank.png 0 0 Aaron Sojourner /wp-content/themes/awp-enfold/blank.png Aaron Sojourner2020-08-26 14:31:112022-11-06 17:02:52Predicting Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Using Google Trends
Goldsmith-Pinkham, P., E. Pancotti, & A. Sojourner. Predicting Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Using Google Trends
- Economic Policy Institute:Coronavirus job losses for the last two weeks could match two years of Great Recession's job losses
- Economic Policy Institute: The coronavirus crisis led to a record-breaking spike in weekly uninsurance claims
- Mpls Fed For All: Crisis response: Institute economists address the pandemic
- Politico Morning Money: Here comes another bad jobless claims number
- Politico Morning Money: Brace for another grim (but maybe not as grim) jobless claim number
- Axios: U.S. likely lost more jobs in 4 weeks than it gained in 11 years
- The Fiscal Times: The worst recession since the Great Depression
- Politico Morning Money: Brace for more terrible job losses
- Washington Post: Over 10 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits in March as economy collapsed
- Weather Channel: Another 6.6 Million Americans Are Out of Work
- New York Times: Jobless claims hit 3.3 million in the last report. This week's will probably be worse.
- New York Times: Coronavirus spreads amid supply shortages, stay-at-home orders, nd sobering economics
- Washington Post: The Finance 202
- Vox: Coronavirus could lead to the highest unemployment levels since the Great Depression
- Politico Morning Money: Laying out the coronavirus scenarios for the economy
- Politico Morning Money: How do we get out?
- Vox: 9 charts showing what the coronvirus is doing to the economy
- Minnesota Public Radio: Minnesota's head of employment answers your unemployment questions
- Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank's Opportunity & Inclusive Growth Institute: Crisis Response: Institute's economists address the pandemic
- Forbes: Ahead of Thursday's jobless claims, the devil is in the revisions
- Politico: 'Just damage containment': cost of coronavirus containment keeps rising
- New York Times: More than 3 million Americans lost their jobs last week. See your state.
- Politico Morning Money: How high will claims go?
- Salon: More workers filed for unemployment last week than any other in U.S. history
- The Fiscal Times: 10 million jobs lost, and millions more to come
- Yale Insights: Making sense of a record-breaking wave of unemployment claims
- Courthouse News: As economy shifts, length of lockdown will dictate speed of recovery
- The Guardian: When it comes to unemployment in Australia, definitions have been broken
- Common Dreams: "This chart, Holy Sh*t": Analysis shows more workers filed for unemployment last week than any other in U.S. history
- Also: Wall Street Window